The 10 Best Resources For

How to Tell if You Have an Earring Allergy

Around three percent of men and seventeen percent of women are allergic to nickel which is mostly used in earrings. If you happen to have had your ears pierced just recently and you are experiencing some discomfort, they may have been brought about by nickel allergy. You might also get some allergy symptoms after your ears have been pierced even if your earrings are not made of nickel. It is also possible for you to be allergic to some other metals such as cobalt, chromium or stainless steel. If it so happens that you have an allergy to some metals, you can notice that very easily after your ears have been pierced or any other part of your body.

You can have some different signs that can make you realize that you are allergic to metals and they are such as red bumps or rashes, a lot of itching or having a change of the color of your skin. The other signs that can tell you that you have some allergy are having a presence of blisters and dry patches on your skin. It is important for you to know that you can experience these symptoms just a few hours or days after you have been pierced or you have started to wear a particular type of earrings. In many instances, the symptoms remain at the specific area where you were pierced but they might also spread to some other parts of the body.

In case the symptoms appear just after your ears have been pierced, it can be possible for you to treat them using home or over-the-counter remedies. In case you do not experience any changes in the symptoms you might be having after using the remedies, you should ensure that you see a doctor. The doctor you choose should be one who can prescribe to you some stronger and better treatment options. It is also a good thing for you to look for a doctor if you experience some signs of infection.

You can get different signs of infection which are very common and they are such as check it out! feeling some warmth, having an increased redness in the affected part of the body as well as experiencing some fever. Some of the other signs that you may experience include feeling pain or having some pus in the affected area. You should never try to clear up the infection on your own. The best thing for you to do is seeking for help from a medical expert so that the infection can be prevented from spreading.